Register for Free Demo
Touchbase on BW 3.5, BI 7.0, BI 7.3
- General Introduction.
- SAP introduction.
- Data warehousing/ BW/ BI Introduction
- Master Data; Attributes, Texts, and Hierarchies.
- Standard Naming conventions in SAP and BI
- Info Objects: Definitions
- Types: Characteristics, Key Figures, Time, and Unit.
- Info Cubes: Definitions.
- Types: Standards, real time, virtual.
- Design of Infocube: Extended Star Schema concepts. Precautions.
- Data Store objects (DSO):
- Types: Standard, Write Optimized, Direct Update.
- Info Sets
- Multi Providers: Scenarios to create Multi providers.
- Info cube VS DSO
Metadata and Document Management
- BI Content: Definitions, How to install BI contents,
- For SAP source systems: Creating Generic dataSource and maintaining SAP delivered Data Source.
- Or for files: Creating DataSources for File Source Systems
- Transformations and different scenarios.
Defining the data flow:
- Creating data transfer processes
- Creating process chains
Scheduling and monitoring:
- Checking process chain runs
- Monitor for extraction processes and data transfer processes
- Creating the first aggregate for an InfoCube
- Using the BIA index maintenance wizard
- Setting up standard authorizations
- Defining analysis authorizations
- Real business scenarios on different system environments, Moving objects from one system to another.
- BI SUITE: Business Explorer
BEx Query Designer
- Queries: New queries, Restricting Characteristics, Formulas and Exception Cells
- Query Design: Defining Exceptions, Conditions, Restricted and Calculated KeyFigures
- Variables: The Variable Wizard, Variable Types and Processing Types, query Properties
- Component Properties: Properties of Characteristics, Attributes, Structure, Formula, KeyFigures
- Structures: Creating Re-usable structures
- Functions on BW Server: Copying queries between Cubes, Deleting Query Elements
- Information Broadcasting
- Functions of the Broadcaster: Pre calculating and Exporting into Enterprise Portal
- User Guide: Distributing Queries and Web Templates, Scheduling Broadcasting Settings
- Example Scenarios: Monthly Sales Reports, Ad-hoc Distribution Options.
- OLAP v OLTP: The OLAP Concept and differences between OLAP and OLTP
- OLAP Functions: Aggregation, Currency Translation, Report-to-Report Interface
- Meta Data Repository: Searching for MetaData
- Data Model for Performance: Line Item Dimensions, Navigational attributes, Time-Dependent
- Query Analysis Tools, Performance Tables
- Reporting Performance: Effective query design, Line-Item, Compression, Partitioning
- Aggregates: Creating Aggregates, Finding effective aggregates
- Data Load Performance: Parallelism, Impact of Aggregates
- Partitioning: Logical Partitioning, Table Partitioning.